III. Types of Data We Collect
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that enables QOVF to identify or contact you (“Personal Data”) to carry out its business purposes. QOVF Sites collect this information for a variety of business reasons, including but not limited to, applying for membership, registering for a QOVF event or program, purchasing QOVF products or services, or otherwise interacting with QOVF.
The types of Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
• General data (e.g., names, dates of birth, home and business addresses, email addresses, Internet protocol addresses and mobile/landline business/personal telephone numbers that are provided by our members/customers)
• Other identification information (e.g., photographs, military history)
• Financial information (e.g., credit and debit card numbers, credit reports, passwords and PIN numbers) for product sales or employment purposes
QOVF also receives Personal Data from third parties for QOVFs use in fulfilling it’s mission to cover service members and veterans touched by war with comforting and healing Quilts of Valor.
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that does not directly identify you as you interact with our Sites (“Non-Personal Data”). The types of Non-Personal Data we collect includes, but is not limited to:
• Site usage (e.g., browsing history, search terms, number of clicks, referring/exit pages, date/time stamp, time on Site)
• Products and services viewed, including advertisements for such products and services
• Computer type, operating system and platform type
• Internet service provider
• Your industry and business (e.g., company size and location, job functions and seniority levels)
IV. How We Use Your Data
In addition to the uses described above, we use your Personal Data, sometimes combined with NonPersonal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below, in order to:
• Identify you when you visit our Sites
• Provide service communications such as membership renewals, order confirmations, program registrations and customer service messages
• Provide products, information and services you request or that we think you may be interested in
• Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information
• Deliver and process surveys
• Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites
• Fulfill and/or deliver QOVF products and services
• Tailor content, advertising and marketing to you
We use Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites and for other business reasons. We do not provide Personal Data to third parties with whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that, when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by QOVF, you may be subject to the privacy policies of these third-party sites.
V. How We Share Your Data
We share your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below:
• Share data with third parties to fulfill service requests and to perform business functions (e.g., QOVF may contract with third parties to provide services on our behalf such as data hosting services; packaging, mailing and delivering services; customer support and consulting services; and event registration services).
• Share data with third parties as required by law or to protect QOVF in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on QOVF; (b) protect and defend QOVF’s rights or property; or (c) protect the personal safety of QOVF personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances.
• Share data with third parties to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you professionally or personally (e.g., member product discounts). Users can request their information to be removed from such lists by contacting us, as set forth in the “Contact Information” section below.
• Share data with third parties under other unanticipated situations, but only with your consent.
• Share your email address, but only as permitted as follows:
Your email address will be used only by QOVF, its entities and QOVF vendors performing member services, or offering products on QOVF’s behalf. QOVF does not sell or rent email addresses to anyone outside QOVF, nor does QOVF share email addresses to unrelated third-parties, affiliates, or QOVF members. Please understand, however, that in such cases, your email address may be visible to others who have interest in QOVF events, The QOVF also shares your email address with third parties to enable the QOVF to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Finally, QOVF shares email addresses with
third parties as necessary for the QOVF to perform certain services on our behalf, such as packaging, mailing and delivering products and processing event registrations and to respond to your service requests.
VI. How You Can Manage the Processing of Your Data
You can manage your profile and email preferences, including “opting out” of email by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below. Our processing of your data is based upon your consent, contract performance (e.g., your purchase of products or membership signup/renewal), legitimate business interest (e.g., direct marketing of goods and services), or compliance with law. You have the right to object to our processing of your data or to restrict our processing of your data. In addition, if you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from or market to children under the age of 13.
VIII. How We Protect Personal Data
QOVF implements commercially reasonable security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is fully secure. Accordingly, and despite our reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, QOVF cannot guarantee or warrant the security of the Personal Data you transmit to us, or
IX. User ID and Password
Certain areas of the Sites require the use of a user ID, email address, or password as an additional security measure that helps protect your Personal Data. To help you protect your privacy, these Sites have tools to help you log in and log out.
X. Linking to Other Internet Sites
XI. How You Can Access, Change and Delete Your Personal Data
other purposes, as well as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce any of our agreements. Please note that you can request, at any time, that we delete your Personal Data. All requests must be directed to the contact in the “Contact Information” section below. We can decide to delete your Personal Data if we believe that the data is incomplete, inaccurate, or that our continued use and storage are contrary to our obligations to other members, individuals, or third parties. When we delete your Personal Data, it will be removed from our active data bases or anonymized so that the data is no longer identified with you, but the data may remain in our archives if QOVF determines that
it is not practical or possible to delete it.
XII. Cookies and Other Web Devices
XIII. Transmission of Data to Other Countries
Your Personal Data is processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country and where the government, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access your data. By submitting your Personal Data to us, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data in the United States.
XIV. Right to Complain to Supervisory Authority
You, as the data subject, have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of your personal data does not comply with legal requirements.
XV. Breach Notification
In the event we determine the occurrence of a data security incident, we will notify you by email, US mail, telephone, or other means as permitted by law.
XVI. Contact Information
If you have questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices or if you wish to change, access, or remove your Personal Data, please contact us as indicated below. We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy related information.
Quilts of Valor Foundation
PO Box 191
Winterset, IA 50278
Effective Date: June 28, 2018