Quilts of Valor Foundation began in 2003 with a dream, literally a dream. Founder Catherine Roberts’ son Nat was deployed in Iraq.
According to Catherine: The dream was as vivid as real life. I saw a young man sitting on the side of his bed in the middle of the night, hunched over. The permeating feeling was one of utter despair. I could see his war demons clustered around, dragging him down into an emotional gutter. Then, as if viewing a movie, I saw him in the next scene wrapped in a quilt. His whole demeanor changed from one of despair to one of hope and well-being. The quilt had made this dramatic change.
The message of my dream was: Quilts = Healing.
Meet the QOVF State Coordinators who oversee the activities of local groups and members within a single state.
Meet the QOVF Executive Staff which consists of various directors, coordinators, liaisons, and other positions to assist the day to day operations of QOVF.
Board of Directors
Meet our Board of Directors which is made up of volunteers and is elected in accordance with the QOVF Bylaws.
The Latest News
QOVF is excited about the upcoming release of the All-Star Quilts of Valor: 25 Patriotic Patterns from Star Designers! The 27 quilt designers know the ways that quilts can honor and even heal. They created these new patterns specifically for Quilts of Valor to share...
QOVF hosted a booth at the inaugural Honoring Our Heroes Festival at Daytona Speedway on Memorial Day weekend. The festival honored over 25,000 Vietnam Veterans and over 35,000 participants enjoyed reunions, military-themed events, and a concert headlined by Toby...
QOVF celebrated a major milestone by awarding the 300,000th quilt on April 20, 2022. The quilt recipient is Craig M. of Cincinnati, OH. Craig served in the United States Air Force from February 1992 to June 2000, earning the rank of Staff Sergeant. Craig began his Air...
QOVF in the News
- Ruth Ann Schiedel | Daily Democrat | mississippivalleypublishing.com
- Judith Burke Obituary (2022) - Bradenton, FL - Scranton Times - Legacy.com
- Mesquite's Veterans of Foreign Wars recognizes key volunteers in Saturday meeting
- Letters to the editor for Oct. 2 - The Olympian
- Inge receives Quilt of Valor - Bonner County Daily Bee
- Alabama QB Bryce Young exits with apparent shoulder injury | Southwest Illinois
- Paisley Struewing junior tennis player earns 244 playing Girls' 16 singles by week ending Sept. 9
- Ella BUNCH Obituary (2022) - St Paul, MN - Pioneer Press - Legacy.com
- Dayton 27, Drake 14 - The Edwardsville Intelligencer
- Michael Karibian junior tennis player earns 548 playing Boys' 18 doubles in May