Some QOVF members who are also longarm machine quilters across the U.S. have registered to serve as a LongArmyTM Volunteer.
QOVF members in good standing may request a LongArmy Volunteer using the below link.
The Foundation’s Longarm Coordinators (LC) provide the assigned LongArmy Volunteer’s contact information to the quilt maker within ten working days of receiving the request.
Once the quilt maker and LongArmy Volunteer have communicated, the quilt maker ships the quilt top and backing to the longarmer. The longarmer contacts the quilt maker within seven business days of receiving the quilt top and backing to confirm the package has arrived.
Quilt makers who do not receive confirmation from their longarmer within seven days should contact the Longarm Coordinator.
- Make sure your top is no smaller than 55 x 65″ and no larger than 72″ x 90″
- Press the quilt top.
- Trim threads on front and back of the top.
- Make sure the top is free of allergens (pet hair, smoke, perfume).
- Make sure the backing is eight 8” wider in width and 8” longer in length than the top.
- Make sure no selvage edges are included in backing seam (Selvages are more tightly woven and can sometimes cause needling problems). Square and press the backing including backing seams.
- Fold top and backing neatly and place in plastic bag to protect fabric during shipping.
- Ship in a sturdy box or shipping bag. (Longarmers appreciate boxes or bags large enough to accommodate return of the quilted quilt).
More information may be found in our Policies & Procedures.