Quilts of Valor Foundation began in 2003 with a dream, literally a dream. Founder Catherine Roberts’ son Nat was deployed in Iraq.
According to Catherine: The dream was as vivid as real life. I saw a young man sitting on the side of his bed in the middle of the night, hunched over. The permeating feeling was one of utter despair. I could see his war demons clustered around, dragging him down into an emotional gutter. Then, as if viewing a movie, I saw him in the next scene wrapped in a quilt. His whole demeanor changed from one of despair to one of hope and well-being. The quilt had made this dramatic change.
The message of my dream was: Quilts = Healing.
Meet the QOVF State Coordinators who oversee the activities of local groups and members within a single state.
Meet the QOVF Executive Staff which consists of various directors, coordinators, liaisons, and other positions to assist the day to day operations of QOVF.
Board of Directors
Meet our Board of Directors which is made up of volunteers and is elected in accordance with the QOVF Bylaws.
The Latest News
The Quilts of Valor Foundation has partnered with the Vietnam War Commemoration Program. The program was created through the 2008 National Defense Authorization Act to honor all those who served during the Vietnam War. By presidential proclamations on May 25, 2012,...
As quilters are wont to do, author and designer Nancy Brenan Daniel had a spare star block that never made it into a quilt. She donated it to the Friendship Village Quilt Guild. To me, it looked as if it needed to be the foundation of a Quilt of Valor, so I took it,...
As quilters, we stretch pennies into miles of thread and yards of Fabric. On November 11, 12 and 13th, Mike, Brian and Todd walked 100 miles - 39, 39 and 22 - for Quilts of Valor. Thank you gentlemen for your tireless efforts, and to your friends and family for all...
QOVF in the News
- "Moved to tears:" Group in Chattanooga handmakes dozens of quilts for veterans | WTVC
- Bernice Alma Painter - Warren County Record
- Veteran given Quilt of Valor | Local - MessageMedia.co
- Veterans awarded quilts during multiple ceremonies - Mooresville Tribune
- Meals of Hope hosts food-packing event to feed hungry SWFL families - Spot On Florida
- Sioux Center Arts event features live Christmas music - nwestiowa.com
- Group awarded Quilts of Valor for helping veterans | Southwest Florida
- Reserve Grand Champion | Baxter Bulletin
- Lakeview veteran Samuel Davis recognized with Quilt of Valor - Baxter Bulletin
- Covering veterans with love | News | suncommercial.com - Vincennes Sun-Commercial